Core aspects of context
The core aspects of context are:
- Institutions include legislation, policy and standards, but also norms and customs. For example, a certain ‘standard’ way of building a house, or common responsibilities of housing associations.
- Economy includes all economic institutions, related to production and consumption patterns and the market values involved in transactions between producers and consumers
- Knowledge refers to scientific knowledge, but also the skills and competencies of your end-users and service providers.
- Values are what society values, such as economic efficiency, environmental protection or traditional local identities.
- Technology refers to all the tools and technologies that are available and in use.