Your context - or your operating environment - can help or hamper your project.
Context is comprised of the institutions, knowledge, values and technology which influence your project.
1. Identify key features of your own project's context.
2. Assess which ones are opportunities or obstacles for your project (Tools: Opportunities and Obstacles in your context).
3. Use the information you gained to fine-tune your project plans:
3. Save the information you gained and use it to select and adapt your instruments (see Step 7).
4. Keep track of core context issues throughout your project in case they change.
Further resources on how context can influence behaviour change