Financial support and services: how to adapt to context?
Financial support and services refers to grants, loans and financial services like energy service companies (ESCOs) or energy performance contracting. They aim to remove or reduce the following problems:
- lack of incentives to invest in energy efficiency
- lack of capital
- perceived risks and benefits of energy efficiency investments
These instruments mainly relate to energy-efficiency investment decisions.
Government grants and ESCO-services have somewhat different conditions for success. Common conditions for success, however, inlcude the following:
- Customers are aware of the available services
- Baselines and outcomes can be calculated
- Solutions for saving energy are readily available
► High transaction costs for small energy end-users (administration can be costly)
► Not all investments made are necessarily due to your project
Template / Checklist: