Metering and feedback: how to tailor to context?
Metering and feedback help to make energy use visible and show how effective the changed behaviour has been. They help to reduce the following problems:
- Invisibility of energy use
- Lack of knowledge of one's own energy use
- Lack of feedback on the effectiveness of actions
Metering and feedback are used particularly to influence routine and habitual energy behaviours, but they can also help your target group verify the actual impact of efficiency investments on later energy use.
- When understandable
- When provided at the right time and frequency for your target group
- When combined with other instruments such as advice and support for change
► Make sure that you know what feedback systems already exist and how your scheme fits in with them.
► Make sure feedback is not too overloading.
► Make sure feedback is actually used.
Template / Checklist: